We’re taking a break this month, but if you’re looking for something to do with your December Final Friday, may we suggest a glass of wine, a lively fire, and a good book? Or, several good books – all from the wonderful writers who made 2014 such a great season. Here they are, in order:
- January – Marisa Silver, Mary Coin, Alone With You
- March – Natalie Baszile, Queen Sugar
- April – Peter Orner, Last Car Over the Sagamore Bridge, Love and Shame and Love
- May – Kate Milliken, If I’d Known You Were Coming and Joey Garcia, When Your Heart Breaks It’s Opening to Love
- June – Tom Barbash, Stay Up With Me
- July – Kirstin Chen – Soy Sauce for Beginners
- August – Anthony Marra, A Constellation of Vital Phenomena
- September – Michael Spurgeon, Let The Water Hold Me Down, and Anara Guard, Remedies for Hunger
- October – Katie Crouch, Abroad
- November – Evan Morgan Williams, Thorn, and Valerie Fioravanti, Garbage Night at the Opera
Coming up soon: our 2015 season announcement! Watch this space….and mark all the Final Fridays of 2015 on your calendar as must-attend Stories on Stage events!
Many, many thanks to our sponsors and volunteers – The Sacramento Poetry Center, The Avid Reader, Pushkin’s Bakery, our casting director Peggi Wood, Tatiana Morfas, Ana Cotham, Tim Foley, Geoffrey Neill, Ruth Blank, Kevin McKenna, Corinne Litchfield, David Hagarty, Joey Garcia, and to Valerie Fioravanti, founder and guiding spirit.